IIMC is based at Tegharia, Sonarpur, about 30 Km from South East from the City Centre of Kolakta. IIMC conducts its various educational, medical, health & economical activities in the surrounding remote villages of South 24-Parganas as well as in West Bengal.
Read here how IIMC was founded and grew into the large and successful organisation it is today.
Currently, IIMC directly benefits around 250,000 people each year through:
- A 25 bed hospital
- A Maternity Center with 15 beds
- Five outdoor clinics which provide treatment for around 10,000 patients each month
- 6 Micro Finance Banks benefiting 25,000 women
- 27 Schools with 4,000 students studying at pre-primary, primary and secondary levels.
- Child Care Centres providing care for 60 disabled and orphaned children
- 3 Agriculture Projects
- Support provided to 50 small NGOs.
- Health promotions programs that provide 25,000 women and children each year with medicines, minor operations, antenatal and postnatal care, nutritional diet supplements etc.
- Women Peace Council that supports 250 women become leaders in their villages
- Providing 580 local people with volunteer opportunities
- Providing 3000 families through the provision of deep tube wells, low cost sanitation and low cost housing in every year.